Free stuff is great. Useful free stuff is even better.
Even seen any of the following messages from Windows when you try to delete something?
- Cannot delete Folder: It is being used by another person or program.
- Cannot delete file: Access is denied.
- There has been a sharing violation.
- The source or destination file may be in use.
- The file is in use by another program or user.
- Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use.
Yes? Irritating isn’t it, especially when you know you’ve finished with the file and Explorer doesn’t.
Unlocker adds an option to the right-click that allows you to see directly which programs are holding locks on that file and gives you the option of forcibly unlocking the file allowing you to delete it.
I have used this a lot myself, it is a great utility. You can download the latest version and see more information on the author’s Unlocker page.