- Ensure you have installed .NET Framework 2.0. It can probably be installed by accessing your Windows Update or you can follow this download link: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Redistributable
- Download and install SlimmGBPVR: Download from SkyDrive
For all details regarding current version, please see documentation which is installed alongside the utility and is available in the GBPVR start menu group.
- The tray icon can now have a tooltip allowing you to disable the balloon if you wish and still receive information by hovering over the icon. The Tray Configuration form has a new System Tray Tool-tip area to customise the tool-tip. They are also a couple of additional registry settings to customise the tool-tip.
- "Delay shutdown when intercepted" added to Tray Configuration/Advanced/Shutdown options.
- If Slimm GBPVR is already running, when you start a new copy it will terminate the old one. This is handy for when Windows Explorer crashes and doesn’t restore the icon. Now you simply run Slimm GBPVR again; the old instance will be terminated and the new one, with a shiny new icon, will execute. It has been used to provide command-line access to Slimm GBPVR’s delayed shutdown features.
- Command line switch /shutdown added.
Tray Bug Fixes
- If Slimm GBPVR cannot retrieve the tuner status (if, for example, one of your tuners has crashed), it will not execute an automatic (delayed) shutdown.
- Tuner Status warning and error messages (that appear when the tuner status cannot be retrieved once or several times respectively) now use balloon tips instead of message boxes.
- Auto-restart recording service now attempts to restart service a few times before throwing up an error balloon and not trying again.
- Multiple instances of Slimm GBPVR are now closed via PostThreadMessage WM_QUIT instead of Process.Kill. This means that the application closes properly and the system tray icon is removed.
- Slimm GBPVR now sets ES_AWAYMODE_REQUIRED for SetThreadExecutionState in compliance with Vista’s new rules on power management.
- Vista and above only: Slimm GBPVR also sets ShudownBlockReason while GBPVR is recording so that when it prevents a system shutdown, Vista can tell the user why.
- /tunerstatus switch added.
|Donations gratefully accepted. Click the button to send me £1 or more. Thanks.|